Agricultural methods :
We practice agriculture “raisonée” in all of vineyards, only treating our vines where absolutely necessary, in order to maximize the terroir (clay-limestone) characteristics of our wines.
We use organic compost which is only applied when soil deficiencies are revealed, following analysis of the soil and vine vegetation. When climatic conditions dictate we use organically permitted treatments (sulphur and copper) to protect the vines from mildew and oidium.
The grapes are harvested by hand and with the best grapes selected on a sorting table in the vineyard.
- Traditional winemaking with punching down of the skin cap and a regular pumping over of juice in open stainless steel tanks.
- Maceration of the skins lasts between 14 and 18 days.
- Fermentation temperature : between 25° C. and 30° C.
- 18 month maturation of wine on fine lees in stainless steel then a light filtration
- Grape varieties : 80% Grenache noir, 10% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre.
- Yield : 38 hectolitres per hectare.
- Age of vines : 10 to 30 years.
- Ideal serving temperature : 16° C.
Winemaking consultant : Stéphane Derenoncourt.
Want to save even more?
Become a TWA Online member and save even more off our already low prices.Learn more!